Friday, May 12, 2006

REVIEW: "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer



I just finished reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer on Wednesday night - I stayed up until 2 am to do it! I haven't done that since Da Vinci Code! So that's a good indication of how much I loved it!

It is the story of Isabella Swan, who moves from sunny Phoenix to live with her dad in the Pacific Northwest. She meets Edward, a devastatingly handsome guy who just happens to be a vampire, along with his brothers and sisters. Naturally, Isabella and Edward fall in love in the midst of keeping Edward's secret safe and running from a cruel, vicious fellow vampire.

The book, though a bit overlong, is gripping and well-written. The emotions experienced by Edward and Bella are vividly described - it is one of the best love stories I've read. The final climactic showdown involving the evil vampire is surprisingly creepy and scary so make sure to read it in the dark. 8-)

4 stars out of 5

Recommended for ages 13+

CURRENTLY READING: King Dork by Frank Portman



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good right?...well, we already had a discussion anyways..i hope we can meet the author in the library for her next book, or in NYC. Is it possible to have a field trip if she comes there?

Laura said...

I think a field trip is a GREAT idea! I'll see what I can do. I looked on Stephenie Meyer's website, and there isn't anything planned for the summer, but I'm sure she'll be on tour closer to the release of "New Moon".

Somewhat on the same topic, Stephenie Meyer's calendar says that she'll be at an "I love Edward" party in Forks, WA. Apparently it's a real town!

Also, I am close with a fellow librarian who just informed me that he has obtained an advanced reader copy of "New Moon". He has read it and told me it was just as good as "Twilight". Needless to say, I *WILL* get a copy of that book. Oh, yes. I will. I'll keep you all posted...

Okay, I'm officially obsessed with this book.

Anonymous said...

you see I dont know if i wanna read an ARC book...maybe i'll wait 'til it comes out..or maybe not ;)
oh, i dont know how my mom would feel if i go to Forks, WA for a field trip...just kidding..