Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Welcome to Reid Branch's teen blog

Hey all!

First, I haven't met lots of you yet so let me introduce myself. My name is Laura and I'm the new teen librarian at the Branch library. I'm eager to meet all of you and start creating a space where you love to hang out. In the coming months I'll be ordering new books. If there's anything you want to request, stop me in the library or post a comment here.

Second, speaking of book ordering, I recently did a Barnes and Noble buying trip and bought some really exciting new books. So coming to a shelf near you are the following books:

Bass Ackwards and Belly Up - Liz Craft
Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz
The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs - Jack Gantos
Ark Angel (Alex Rider) - Anthony Horowitz
Nailed - Patrick Jones
Born to Rock - Gordon Korman
Gossamer - Lois Lowry
Travel Team - Mike Lupica
Startled by his Fuzzy Shorts - Louise Rennison
Amazing Grace - Megan Shull
It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini
Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

I know that's a lot of books so I've highlighted the ones that are the latest, greatest, and most recommended.

Check back each week for new posts; I'll also be posting raffles for books here as well. So keep coming back! And feel free to leave comments and book reviews.

Laura

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, if I love/hate the book, blue blood, I'll write a review either way...:)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the book The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. It was easy to relate to and I admired her writing style. I strongly recomend this book to anyone who likes drama and excitement (who duznt?!) Enjoy!!!! :)